At some point, you’ve probably used Google to search for a local recommendation, right?
It’s super easy to search for a cafe to get your caffeine fix or a car garage near you, to make sure you get the MOT booked in! And you may have noticed a map box at the top of the searches, making it easier to find the place closest to you.
If you’re wondering, how do I get my business to show up like that?…I’m about to tell you about a little thing called Google My Business.
What is Google My Business?
Google My Business is a free, easy to use tool, created by… you guessed it, Google! It allows you to appear in local search listings and maps results. Setting it up can have huge positive impacts on your local SEO. Not only that but it’s a great way to organically increase your website traffic, with customers being 70% more likely to visit businesses with a Google My Business listing.
When setting it up, fill out as much of this information as you can. You want to make it as easy as possible for potential clients and customers to be able to get in contact with you.
Tell me about the features
Making sure your listing is up-to-date and aspects are filled is key for it to generate you maximum traffic.
When setting it up, fill out as much information as you can. You want to make it as easy as possible for potential clients and customers to be able to reach you and know as much information as they can.
- Categories – which help you to rank for specific keywords
- Exact address – this is very important to help you show up in Google map results (so make sure you change it if you move!)
- Opening hours
- Website and phone number – otherwise how are people going to get in touch?
- Business description
How do I know if my listing is having an effect?
Well luckily for us, Google My Business offers a whole host of insights including:
- How people are searching for your business
- The queries being searched to find your business listing – particularly useful for SEO research
- The amount of users viewing your listing on searches and maps
- And whether people take action from your Google My Business listing such clicking the button to your website